t’s been nearly 13 years since country legend T.G. Sheppard released his last commercial album, and now he is back and better than ever with Legendary Friends & Country Duets. The star-studded project features collaborations with icons like George Jones, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Oak Ridge Boys, Crystal Gayle, Lorrie Morgan and many more. Legendary Friends & Country Duets, released via Cleopatra Records, is available on iTunes, Amazon, and in music retailers nationwide.
“It was such an honor to have this multitude of iconic artists joining me on this new album. Every singer always looks for validation in their career, and after recording with these legends and friends, I have finally been validated,” said T.G. Sheppard. “Singing with each artist was truly a magical moment in my career.”
The late, great George Jones collaborates with Sheppard on “It’s a Man Thing,” which happens to be one of The Possum’s final studio sessions. “This album has so much sentimental value to me. Not only because T.G. was a dear friend to George, but also because ‘It’s a Man Thing’ is one of George’s last recordings. It’s a beautiful project,” Nancy Jones said.
Recently releasing a single to country radio, the smooth track of “100% Chance of Pain,” features vocal contributions from B.J. Thomas and Country Music Hall of Fame member Jimmy Fortune. Each artist brings their own signature style to the song, making it one of the standout tracks from Legendary Friends & Country Duets. Fortune said, “When T.G. asked me to record on this project, I was honored. The song had an Orbison-feel to it, and when I found out that it would feature BJ Thomas, I was even more excited.”
Critics are already raving about Legendary Friends & Country Duetsincluding:
- “T.G. is still in fine voice on this duet album, which includes his collaboration with George Jones. And fans should know that the duet with George was done live, not pieced together from old recordings. It’s all original material, except for the Conway Twitty duet, making the album even more of a must-have for fans.” – NASH Country Weekly (Bob Paxman)
- “T.G. brings his love and appreciation for those artists full circle on his new album” – Billboard (Chuck Dauphin)
- “T.G. Sheppard’s latest album is timeless and transcends generations; it has something that will appeal to fans of all ages.” – The Boot (Gayle Thompson)
Sheppard has experienced a resurgence in the media, including an appearance on the NBC hit show “Open House,” where he gave viewers a tour of his stylish Nashville home. He was also featured on the new Heartland TV smash, “Reflections,” giving fans an in-depth glimpse of his illustrious 40 year career. Sheppard will be featured on RFD-TV’s “Rural Evening News” October 30 at 7:30 p.m. EDT / 6:30 p.m. CDT.
Legendary Friends & Country Duets track listing:
1. Down On My Knees (with OAK RIDGE BOYS)
2. The Killer (with JERRY LEE LEWIS)
3. If You Knew (with RICKY SKAGGS & THE WHITES)
4. It’s A Man Thing (with GEORGE JONES)
5. 100% Chance Of Pain (with B.J.THOMAS, JIMMY FORTUNE)
6. Wine To Remember And Whiskey To Forget (with MICKEY GILLEY)
7. The Next One (with LORRIE MORGAN)
8. Dead Girl Walking (with KELLY LANG)
9. Song Man (with MERLE HAGGARD)
10. Why Me Lord (with CONWAY TWITTY)
11. In Texas (with WILLIE NELSON)
12. Have You Ever Loved A Woman (with ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK)
13. I’m Not Going Anywhere (with CRYSTAL GAYLE)
14. Fifteen Rounds With Jose Cuervo (with DELBERT McCLINTON)